This video is to answer some of your questions and to clear any misunderstanding on the Windows 10 October 1809 update bug. Some people seem to thing there was no issue at all with the update, when this is clearly not the case. Also I received a lot of hate and trolls in the comments who seem to think they know better because they installed Windows 10 update 1809 OK and was also following the misinformation from other Youtube channels.
Microsoft said: We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)* for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.
While the reports of actual data loss are few (one one-hundredth of one percent of version 1809 installs), These people lost data, that's over 4 million people, which is a lot. Remember they paused the update, so if this got rolled out to everyone, the problem could of been a lot worst. The problem has now been fixed and with Windows Insider Program for testing.
So the rollout of October 1809 should be very soon. Remember this information is from the horses mouth, Microsoft and not someone on Youtube who loves the sound of his own voice and don't know any of the facts, because he can't be bothered to research the truth and assumes whats true and then proceeds to spread misinformation, you know who it is :P
Who's to Blame for Windows 10 1809 Bug and Loss of Data?
Most of the users whose devices or programs that were affected by bugs in this OS update blamed Microsoft for the whole thing.
Microsoft is the developer of Windows 10 and feature updates, so if the update release is buggy, who else to blame for it?
Well we could blame
Third party vendors who don't update their software or drivers?
Hardware Companies for not being Windows friendly?
Users who use old Hardware that's not supposed to be compatible with Windows 10?
User for not using the golden rule of using a computer, Backup, Backup, Backup
Here is my opinion.
1: Everyone should be backing up there data, its 2018 and its never been easier.
2: When updates are forced on people without a choice to delay or stop the update and it then deletes data. This is Microsoft fault, yes you should have backups of your data, but when its forced on you and the update is not 100% safe, then its Microsoft's fault.
What if you backup once a week and this happen they day before a backup? who's fault is it? stop using users as guinea pigs and test release properly before you releases it?
3. Because some people are not having a issue with the update, like loss of data, this does not mean others are not, so Microsoft where right to pause the update. I see loads of people saying I have installed it on 17 machines and had no issue, this does not mean others have not had the same luck as you.
4. Does this mean I should update to 1809? NO because there is a big problem, hence why Microsoft pulled or paused the update.
5. Windows Home users don't have a choice to pause updates, so these updates were forced on people. Windows 10 Pro have option to delay. This is what happens when Microsoft take away control of Windows updates and force them on people. Some people have lost work when there computers shuts down with the chance to stop it and lost data.
6. Should you rollback to previous version of Windows 10 1803? If you are having problems Yes, but if the system is fine, leave it alone.
7. Remember there are Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert users and the beginner user can't be blamed for loss of data because of a broken updated that should of been tested in the insider program better, how many buggy Windows 10 updates do we have to put up with before they get it right.
Remember haters and trolls are not welcome and will be blocked.